You used to offer the passwords for web page when I opened the page - now you have stopped?

Edbonse
Edbonse
Community Member

When I would open a page, you would offer to just fill in the password for that site - (if 1 password was unlocked) - now you do not offer anything. Any reason for making 1Password more difficult to use? Also - fireFox keeps locking 1Password - why can it not act like Safari

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Big Sur
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:No longer giving suggestions?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Edbonse!

Extension Version: Not Provided

Can you let us know what version of the 1Password browser extension you have installed in your browser?

• Edbonse
    Edbonse
    Community Member

Here is what I found:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.7 (70700016)
    Mac App Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Edbonse:

What about the version of the browser extension? The information you posted is the one for the 1Password for Mac desktop app. This documentation page points you to the place where you can see the extension information in your browser, in case you need it.

Since you are reporting that 1Password is not offering any information in the browser, this is where I would look first, instead of in the desktop app.

• Edbonse
    Edbonse
    Community Member

I am not sure how to find out what version other than to report to you that when I open Safari and go to extensions, it says that I have 1Password, version7.7 installed as an extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Edbonse:

Thank you for the confirmation. I understood that the problem was with Firefox rather than with Safari, but it's good to know that we can focus on Safari instead. If the extension is installed and enabled there in the Safari preferences, can you make sure that under 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab, the option Show inline menu in Safari is enabled?

• Edbonse
    Edbonse
    Community Member

Thank you so very much for your patience and insights ag-ana! In preferences. Show inline menu is checked Automatically is checked, but not privacy.com. - I did a restart to see if that helped - No change - But I need to ask you if you changed it so instead of allowing you to chose the password for the site you are on - did you set it up so that if you go to log in, you automatically enter the login and the password? Because now I went to a site and went to log in and the username and password were entered for me.

• Edbonse
    Edbonse
    Community Member

Regarding Firefox - the issue is when I sign in for 1Password for the computer, it automatically unlocks Safari, but Firefox requires I sign in for that browser - is that normal? It is inconvenient, but I just want to verify I have 1Password set up correctly for both browsers.
    Again - thank a million for sharing your skills and insights!

• Hi @Edbonse

But I need to ask you if you changed it so instead of allowing you to chose the password for the site you are on - did you set it up so that if you go to log in, you automatically enter the login and the password? Because now I went to a site and went to log in and the username and password were entered for me.

We did not, no. That isn't how 1Password works. Filling from 1Password always requires an action on the part of the user — either using the keyboard shortcut or by clicking on the item you'd like to fill. I suspect you may have another password manager enabled... perhaps the one built into your web browser(s). If it is a case of the built-in password manager interfering, we have a guide that should help available here:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Regarding Firefox - the issue is when I sign in for 1Password for the computer, it automatically unlocks Safari, but Firefox requires I sign in for that browser - is that normal? It is inconvenient, but I just want to verify I have 1Password set up correctly for both browsers.

That is normal if you're using our newer extension (formerly known as 1Password X):
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager/

If instead you use the 1Password Classic extension, it can lock and unlock with the 1Password for Mac app:
    https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

We will be bringing the shared lock state ("desktop app integration") to the newer extension in a future iteration; we just aren't quite there yet.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.