1Password 7.7.1.BETA-8 crashing repeatedly

Xipper
Xipper
Community Member

I see 1Password crashing every few minutes endlessly since it updated to BETA-8. It is entirely unusable, I can't even consistently get a single password out of it as I launch 1P and it crashes before I navigate to another site.

macOS 10.15.7 (19H524)
1Password 7
Version 7.7.1.BETA-8 (70701008)
1Password Beta

1Password 7 quit unexpectedly.

Date/Time:             2021-02-22 10:11:55.716 -0800
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H524)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     5.2 (18P4346)
Anonymous UUID:        8D2AAD73-A1DB-9673-E270-7A2F0A827ACD

Sleep/Wake UUID:       27F0DBD3-F0C4-4DE7-BAF1-2DD5BE073D7C

Time Awake Since Boot: 360000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       170000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        6  Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.background-qos

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [6722]

Comments

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member

It is truly unfortunate that I cannot revert back to BETA-7, my only choices are to have a completely inoperable BETA-8 install...or to switch back to the public/stable version and lose support for Microsoft Edge.

• @Xipper

or to switch back to the public/stable version and lose support for Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge is supported in the stable release.

I cannot revert back to BETA-7

You should be able to download previous releases from https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

I see 1Password crashing every few minutes

We'd like to investigate this further. Unfortunately the crash report above is truncated to the point that it doesn't contain the information that would be required to track down the issue. So we can see the full log I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/119199/1password-7-7-1-beta-8-crashing-repeatedly#latest
    • Your forum username: Xipper

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the report.

Thanks!

Ben

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member

@Ben I have tried the stable version, and every time I install the 1Password Extension the extension just complains that the desktop app is required. I didn't realize I needed to restart the browser to get it to detect the 1P app.

I did email support immediately after posting this with a support bundle attached, but had sent it to support@1password.com I have now forwarded that to the address you provided.

• prinzmaus
    prinzmaus
    Community Member

I am experiencing several crashes per day on this release as well. I submitted an email.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Xipper:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: IAN-82739-187

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you as well @prinzmaus, have you received a ticket number already?

• prinzmaus
    prinzmaus
    Community Member

Yes, I received a ticket number.

• @prinzmaus

I was able to locate your submission. Your id is FSQ-14568-962

ref: FSQ-14568-962

• tallpsmith
    tallpsmith
    Community Member

I'm having this repeated crash as well and will send in my diagnostics shortly (plus the full crash dump details which I managed to dismiss this time but I'm sure I'll get it again soon).

• tallpsmith
    tallpsmith
    Community Member

For reference my support ticket is #NRJ-66643-117

• @tallpsmith

Thanks for the info. I have located your email in our internal system and will be sending you a reply very soon!

ref: NRJ-66643-117

This discussion has been closed.