Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I make a hard copy of my passwords for my records

Comments

• Blake
    edited February 2021

Howdy @duncanel 🤠

If you happen to have a 1Password account, your encrypted vaults are stored on our servers and you do not need to set up backups manually.

Moreover, when you use 1Password apps, your data in 1Password is always cached locally on your devices, so you can have access to, view and edit it without an Internet connection. Any changes you make will become available on your other devices when you next go online.

There is no need for you to create backups manually. However, if you want to do it, you can keep a copy of your local database that is located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\data on your computer.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\Backups stores the backups of local vaults only. This folder is not related to 1Password accounts.

Likewise, if you want a copy of your data as it currently sits, you can always export your data. Take in mind, though -- exported data files are not encrypted. They are stored in plain text. Anyone with access to your exported data files will be able to read your passwords. Do not email exported data files or store them online.

Instead, try storing them on an encrypted USB flash drive or something similar.

Let me know if it helps and answers your question. Thank you! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.