upgraded to Big Sur, now paßword (old version) is completely empty. What can I do?

unauna
unauna
Community Member

Trend to install Paßword from an old backup....nothing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded to Big Sur, now paßword (old version) is completely empty. What can I do?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @unauna! Welcome to the forum!

For confirmation, to make sure we are on the same page, by Paßword you mean 1Password right?

• unauna
    unauna
    Community Member

Yes, ist was an elder version, but was enough for my private life, but in there were my user ids and important codes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@unauna:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you now elaborate on what you have tried so far, and where you are getting stuck exactly?

• unauna
    unauna
    Community Member

Yes, ist was an elder version, but was enough for my private life, but in there were my user ids and important codes.

I can open the new 1 paßword (seen by its new icon), my old opening paßword works, but not a single item.
    I never made a backup for 1paßword.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@unauna:

If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, do you still see the older version of the app? If you see it, are you able to launch it by double-clicking on it?

• unauna
    unauna
    Community Member

Yes, I open it with my usual password and it ist empty.

(is there a problem with the 32 bits to 64 bits with Big Sur?)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@unauna:

Big Sur does not support 32 bits apps, so those won't run anymore I am afraid. Do you remember the version of the 1Password app that you were running? Is it possible that it was the old 1Password version 3?

• unauna
    unauna
    Community Member

don't remember the version but it was payed once and not every year

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@unauna:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• @unauna

I found your email in our internal system. I have sent you an email. Let's continue the conversation over there.

ref: XEJ-57192-693

This discussion has been closed.