Installed 1Password extension in Firefox85.0.2 and clicking the icon nothing happens. Rebooted nada

Windows 10, Firefox 85.0.2 Rebooted computer, still nothing happens when I click the icon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Installed 1Password extension in Firefox85.0.2 and clicking the icon nothing happens.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @A6ETrammn! Welcome to the forum!

What version of the 1Password for Windows app are you currently using? And what version of the browser extension have you installed?

• A6ETrammn
    A6ETrammn
    Community Member

Password App 7.6.791 and Firefox Extension 1.23.1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@A6ETrammn:

Thank you for the confirmation. When you are on a login form and click on the username field, does the 1Password inline menu appear below the username field? Even without clicking on the extension icon in the browser?

• A6ETrammn
    A6ETrammn
    Community Member

No, nothing happens

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@A6ETrammn:

I would like you to try the suggestions in the following documentation page, and see if any of those help:

If 1Password isn’t working in your browser

Let us know how it goes!

• A6ETrammn
    A6ETrammn
    Community Member

I did the first (reboot) and nothing happens when I click the icon in the toolbar so I can’t change the settings

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@A6ETrammn:

Understood. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• A6ETrammn
    A6ETrammn
    Community Member

HQJ-96911-162

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@A6ETrammn:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system and that my colleague Nhat already replied to you over there :+1: I will let you continue the conversation via email.

ref: HQJ-96911-162

• vincent1000000
    vincent1000000
    Community Member

Hi 1Password, I experience the same issue.
    MacOS Big Sure, Firefox 85.0.2 (same version as the one A6ETrammn uses).
    I can send a diag report too?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Yes please @vincent1000000, let us know when you have received your ticket number so we can locate your message too :+1:

• vincent1000000
    vincent1000000
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana. Ticket number is
    [#REA-62391-398]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@vincent1000000:

Thank you, found it too! We will get back to you soon :)

ref: REA-62391-398

• maerk
    maerk
    Community Member

Hi,

I contacted recently with the same issue. I was told that re-enabling Firefox's "Remember history" settings would make it work, which it does. My reference was #HBP-33731-455.

If there's a way to get the extension working with history disabled, that would be great. I prefer my browser to delete everything since that removes any cookies and trackers.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Yes, if anyone else encounters this issue, remember that Firefox take their privacy settings very seriously and therefor having "Always use private browsing" and automatically clearing cache and cookies will prevent 1Password from functioning.

The solution is to disable "Always use private browsing", which will allow 1Password to initialize properly and work. After that, you can open a new private window manually (without turning the "Always use private browsing" setting on), which will also work.

If you set Firefox to always clear history and cookies, it will reset 1Password's settings to default every time you restart the browser.

This discussion has been closed.