Feature Request: Expiry Reminder

Expiry Reminder for Wallet & Other Items
Many of my wallet items such as passports, credit cards have the expiry date.
Would be great if 1Password could supply me some kind of notification of an upcoming expiry.
Would also be good to hit provide a quick report which would show a list of the exipiration dates.
A sort by expiration date would also be good.

Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi ymmij,

This suggestion has come up from time to time. Thank you for letting us know it would be useful to you as well. We will look into improving this in a future update, but I do not believe that alarms and calendaring features are being planned currently. In the meantime, I use iCal to set reminders for things like this.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time.
  • ymmij wrote:

Many of my wallet items such as passports, credit cards have the expiry date.
    Would be great if 1Password could supply me some kind of notification of an upcoming expiry.
    Would also be good to hit provide a quick report which would show a list of the exipiration dates.
    A sort by expiration date would also be good.

Thanks

this seems to have not gone anywhere, but I agree, many of my passwords now have 90 day expirations, and some of the webforms dont' remind you. I would be nice to have an alarm, or an integration with ical to set an alarm.
  • Hey,

My name is Tom, and I'm new here and my first post here is simply to say some words about 1P...

I have used already several similar products, and I even bought a quite expensive selfencrypting USB Stick. All products had advantages, but all also had disadvantages...

Today, I fall on 1P, and all my issues seem to be solved in one single product. This is just great. I use it in combination of my dropbox account, and this allows me to my passwords on my Home PC, on my Work PC, on my iPad and my iPhone. Just fantastic, and for all4 devices, everything is safe.

Go on guys (and girls), and continue bringing new ideas in your product to make it even better.

One idea already coming from me:
    have you ever considered to built in a kind of alerting or reminder system. I think about e.g. some online account that need to have updated information due at a certain date, like my dropbox renewal next year, I will have to provide a need credit card information. It would be great, to enter the expire date for a credit card in 1P and get automatically reminded about this some time before to allow me updating of the information on several sites. this is just an idea in head currently, not too much thought til the end... But I think it could be interesting..
  • bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello Tom and welcome to the Forums!

I hope you don't mind, but I merged your topic with a similar thread.

Thank you for your kind words! I am very glad to hear that you are enjoying 1Password and have taken advantage of the ability to sync your various devices.

In spite of recent events concerning Dropbox security, please note that your 1P data file is encrypted before it is synched with Dropbox, so your data is still safe from prying eyes!

Your idea of adding a reminder for expiration dates has come up before, and I know others have requested this functionality too. So, you're in good company!

Please read through this thread for the latest, and let us know if you have any further recommendations!

Welcome to the 1Password family!

Cheers!

Brandt

P.S. In the interim, you may wish to take a look at the solution mentioned by Brent called Due.
  • Thanks for the reply.
    Great to hear that you have already considered such a remindes system.
    I will share my ideas on this in a later post.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of Brandt, you are quite welcome! :-)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
  • francescominciotti
    francescominciotti
    Community Member
    +1 for the "update" tag/warning/alarm (even within 1Password, no need to overbear our already-too-crowded iCal). I thought about it this way: everytime you create a new entry, you could (definitely an option) specify a period of time at which the app will warn you to change the password, with the usual "snooze" in case of second thoughts ;)
    Now that Lion's wave has just passed, maybe we get a little more opportunity to have this feature delivered :)
  • Hello Frances,

Thanks for adding your vote!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    While not a perfect solution, sorting entries by modification date, perhaps in combination with judicious use of tags, might be helpful. If you don't typically edit your credit card entries except when you get a new card, then a modification date sort would put your oldest cards at the top of the list. Have some passwords that you like to change yearly, others that you like to change quarterly, etc? Just tag 'em, sort by modification date, and Bob's your uncle.
  • lewen7er9
    lewen7er9
    Community Member
    +1

This is the number one feature that would allow me to get off of Excel for managing my server accounts.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, lewen7er9. Thanks for the vote. Does Excel offer some kind of reminder feature?
This discussion has been closed.