Browser extensions no longer suggesting login

I've used 1Password for some years now, and I'm pretty sure that you used to get the login for the current website displayed by default in the extension, as long as you had the correct website noted in the login entry in 1Password. It now no longer does this, on Chrome or on Safari, so when you click the button for the extension you get the full list fo passwords (of which there are hundreds) and you have to search for the one you want.

Am I wrong in thinking that it used to put the login entry for the website you are on at the top of the list, which made it much easier, and if so why might it not be working any more?

I tried going back to 1PasswordX for Chrome and this worked as expected but then it doesn't have the benefit of using the MacBook's fingerprint reader, an option I would rather have.

It's not a big deal but I'm sure it used to work better thus saving us having to search every time we want a password for the current website. Also, it doesn't always show the "Autofill" option, it sometimes just says "Go", which opens up a new tab and is not the behaviour I am wanting.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Alex

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700016)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alexmidd!

When you click on the 1Password browser extension, what is the dropdown menu currently set to? From what you are saying, I think it might be set to "All Items". If that's the case, please try setting it to Suggestions instead:

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I wasn't even aware that you could set it to show different things, lol. I had to hunt for the setting but found it eventually, and it seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks very much.

Alex

• Thank you for letting us know. It is great to hear that everything works as expected. Please feel free to give us a shout if you need anything and have a great week.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.