updated password but old password comes up on autofill the old password keeps coming up even though

Options
alfella
alfella
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

old password keeps coming up on autofill even though it has been deleted from my main list of passwords

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: 11.2.1
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:updated password but old password comes up on autofill

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @alfella

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see the item in question listed there? Also, if you look in 1Password for Mac, do you have a vault called 'Primary'?

Please let us know. Thanks.

Ben

• alfella
    alfella
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, I do see the item in question however it shows the proper new password, not the old one. I do not have a vault called "Primary" just a "personal" vault and an option to create another vault.

• alfella
    alfella
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, I do see the item in question however it shows the proper new password, not the old one. I do not have a vault called "Primary" just a "personal" vault and an option to create another vault.

• Hello @alfella,

It is certainly strange, indeed. Could you please try these steps to see how it works?

Please Right-click the 1Password icon on the browser toolbar > Settings > Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults" > Sign out and Sign in again.

• alfella
    alfella
    Community Member
    Options

• alfella
    alfella
    Community Member
    Options

Hello nhat_1P. I followed your suggestion but the issue remains unchanged. BTW, I have this problem on 2 unrelated sites that I know of so far.

• @alfella

I don't see that we asked, but is one coming from 1Password and the other from your browser password manager?

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

This discussion has been closed.