Advanced search on Windows

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can I use wildcard characters in a search of 1Password?.

Comments

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

So looking at the 1Password Windows Client...I am not seeing a advanced search option with fields like that? Is it available? I also got a few Combo List breach notifications... :(

• Hi there @mattnlynn! Currently there is no function to include wildcards when searching in the 1Password app for Windows - sorry about that!

However, if you're searching for a specific term and you have a few of the first characters and a few of the last characters, you can separate them with a space and 1Password will show entries that contain those items.

For example, if you have a password such as 43uyJiU_pjgaxuhQ6e-, you can search 43u Q6e- and 1Password will be able to find that entry.

• mattnlynn
    mattnlynn
    Community Member

OK, thanks. I noticed the Windows app actually searches passwords, with the standard search, versus the browser app which does not seem to include passwords during a search.

• No problem, @mattnlynn! Yes, if you'd like to track down a password, the desktop app on Mac or PC is the best place to do so. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.