Possible to unlock iOS with Apple Watch?

1PWguy
1PWguy
Community Member

Similar to the way Apple Watch can unlock MacOS with Secure Enclave. I don't believe this is currently possible, unless I'm missing something. But is this feature planned?

Also, is there a place to see planned features or vote on desired features like some apps do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:use apple watch to unlock iphone

Comments

• @1PWguy

Presently the feature is still in beta for iOS, and while it's a nifty feature, Apple would first need to release the API to developers. Time will tell if this is something we can make use of or not. We simply do not know what the future holds.

Unfortunately, we do not have a voting system. Our features are not brought about by a vote. They are carefully evaluated and advanced as needed. We value everyone's input and try our best to bring features to life that will benefit everyone.

• 1PWguy
    1PWguy
    Community Member

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome @1PWguy! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• SippinZin
    SippinZin
    Community Member

Just another user that would love this change if Apple makes it possible. I can open my phone now with a face mask on, but not my favorite app 1Password.

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.