Why is 1password sometimes asking for the master password than to use my apple watch?

Options
h2ofish
h2ofish
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using Mac OS Big Sur and 1Password is sometimes asking me to unlock by typing my master password instead of double-pushing the side button on my apple watch.

Thanks in advance
Steve

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Big Sur
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:apple watch

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @h2ofish

Being asked for the Mater Password is not entirely unexpected — Apple Watch Unlock is not a replacement for the Master Password. Under normal circumstances unless you are rebooting your computer frequently the prompt for the Master Password should be somewhat rare. How often are you seeing it? And is there any correlation you've noticed, e.g. after 1Password has been locked for longer durations, after the computer has restarted, etc, or does it seem somewhat random?

Please let us know. Thanks!

Ben

• h2ofish
    h2ofish
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

thank you for the quick reply!
    I already thought that this is nothing unusual in principle. However, I can't see a pattern, unfortunately.

Steve

• @h2ofish

Can you give our latest beta a try? There have been several improvements to Apple Watch unlocking. I think you'll find the beta beneficial. I know it has helped my Apple Watch unlocking.

Enable the 1Password betas.

• h2ofish
    h2ofish
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Thank you, @ag_tommy!
    Seems like this is working for me.

Steve

• Sweet! Let us know if you encounter any issues.

This discussion has been closed.