Suddenly unable to edit and create new items

danielschaub
danielschaub
Community Member

I am unable to edit existing items or create new items. VERY annoying. No error message. Nothing. Just no edit button and several options are grayed-out in the menu items, including creating new items.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:unable to edit

Comments

• csk
    csk
    Community Member

Hi, This happened to me yesterday and I fixed it. Do you have a license and not a membership? That was my problem. I had to redownload 1Password from the App Store, then at the bottom it asked me about whether I had a membership or not. My license was too old, so I had to purchase the license. Then, it worked.

• @danielschaub

If you have a license to 1Password 7, I suspect you may have downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store. That version of 1Password does not support licenses. Only the website version supports our license model.

If you need to switch over to the website version you can use this set of instructions.

• glitch
    glitch
    Community Member

I have the same issue on my Mac. But all the functionality is still working on my iPhone and iPad. Whats up with that?

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@glitch

Do you have the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store installed? If so, and you have a license for 1Password 7 you'll need to switch to the website version. This following set of direction should help you locate the version you have installed. The last link is how to change to the website version should you need to do that.

How to keep 1Password up to date

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

• glitch
    glitch
    Community Member

I purchased a license and downloaded from the 1Password store. My version is 7.7. There is nothing under Preferences that shows an option to turn on automatic updates.

• @glitch

Do you see an updates tab in your preferences on the Mac?

• glitch
    glitch
    Community Member

Yes. It shows one update available. It's for an email add-on. There are no other updates available.

• @glitch

Can you tell me what the first set of steps tells you? https://support.1password.com/update-1password/

It sounds as if you have the Mac App Store version installed. You'll need to complete these steps. https://support.1password.com/switch-from-mac-app-store/

• glitch
    glitch
    Community Member

I have version 7.7 from the Mac Store. I enabled Install App Updates from the Mac App Store. It then checked for updates and reported that there were no updates to install. I am running OS 11.2.1 Big Sur.

• @glitch,

I think the problem here is that your license is not valid for the Mac App Store version of the app. There isn't a standalone license purchase available via the Mac App Store and our store license is not going to be recognized by the Mac App Store version. You will need to follow the directions @ag_tommy linked you to in his last response at the bottom to switch from the Mac App Store version to the version from our website in order to use your license with it.

This discussion has been closed.