Editing vault items is very slow

Options

This has been bugging me for a while. I apologize if there's already a thread on this issue, but I wasn't able to find one. When I want to edit a vault item from the browser extension, it always opens in a separate tab which takes 5-10 seconds to load and sometimes even requires me to re-enter my master password. The ideal experience would be to be able to edit directly within the extension's popup, but reducing the delay would be already a major improvement.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.0 (Chrome 90)
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nyuszika7h ,

The browser extension works directly with your 1Password.com account, where it reads and writes data to and from.
    We're working on having a local edit feature that won't require a new tab to open, but until then, here are some suggestions:

• If you're using a VPN, try disabling it and see if the tabs load faster and without the Master Password prompt. If it does, try changing your VPN's server location to a different country.
    • Use the 1Password desktop app when you want to edit an item. The desktop app works locally and I believe you will find it much nicer to use when editing or maintaining your vaults: https://1password.com/downloads/

I hope this will help for now :)

This discussion has been closed.