Can I search my personal vault to find which entries have a particular password?

Options

I need to find out which of my log in entries use a particular password. Plus, I don't have the full password to search on. I only have the first 2-3 characters and the last 2-3 characters, because that's what was provided to me by LifeLock. Can I search my vault for passwords and can I use wildcards in my search? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I search my personal vault to find which entries have a particular password?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021
    Options

@" 1Pwsupport "

Just type what you know into the search box the first few letters may be enough to get you going. Fo example when I type "D2d" into my search box for my test vault up comes my only login that starts with those characters.

• _1Pwsupport_
    _1Pwsupport_
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi. Thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell, using the search box brings up user names but not passwords. For example, in your example, if you typed in D2djf (which are the first few characters of the password) in the search box, that entry won't come up, will it? Oops... I see that you said you typed in D2d and it came up. Sorry! When I type in password characters in my vault nothing comes up. Only user name searches seem to work for me.

• 1Pwsupport

Do you see the option to expand the search to all fields? If so, please click that button. That should help. :chuffed:

• _1Pwsupport_
    _1Pwsupport_
    Community Member
    Options

I'm afraid I don't see that button. I'm using Chrome on a Mac that runs the Big Sur OS. Would another browser (Firefox, Safari) have it? Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Pwsupport ,

1Password in the browser's search works differently than the 1Password desktop app's search, and doesn't decrypt all the fields of all items, so it won't find things like passwords. If you want to search for passwords, you should do it in the desktop app's search.

If you don't have it yet, you can download and install it from here: https://1password.com/downloads/

• _1Pwsupport_
    _1Pwsupport_
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you tommy and yaron.

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.