shortcut for copying password in the selected item

gasabr
gasabr
Community Member

first of all thank you for the linux app it makes working in linux env a lot easier!

the thing I would like to be implemented is "mouseless navigation": right now I can open the app, find the item all with the help of shortcuts (win + space to find the app -> ctrl + f to find an item) and then I have to scroll with a Tab till the item is selected (like 6 taps) instead of having just one shortcut.

and "enter" copies the password there is just no way to select the password field.

1Password Version: 0.9.12-3 (Production)
Extension Version: @52103976
OS Version: ubuntu 20.04
Sync Type: i guess cloud

Comments

• Hey there @gasabr, welcome to the 1Password Community!

Thanks so much for writing in with this feedback - I would love to see something like this available in the Linux app! I can't make any promises for future changes to 1Password, but I have filed an internal issue with this feedback and passed it along to the Development team for their consideration. In the meantime, you can find the current list of available keyboard shortcuts by pressing Ctrl + K.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help! :smile::+1:

ref: /dev/core/core/-/issues/#5011

• simonw
    simonw
    Community Member

I agree with @gasabr it would be very useful to be able to copy the "password" field with one keystroke after selecting an entry using ctrl+f.

Also on the topic of keyboard shortcuts, but perhaps not worthy of its own thread: Ctrl+U does not clear the password field when unlocking the app. Ctrl+U is a very widespread standard for clearing password prompts.

Thanks for a great password manager!

• Hey @simonw, thanks so much for adding your input on this, and including the additional suggestion! I've compiled it all and passed it to the Development team. :smile: :+1:

• simonw
    simonw
    Community Member

Seems this has been addressed in the latest version. Ctrl-F to search, enter to select, then right-arrow, down-arrow, enter, and the password is copied.

Thank you to the 1Password team!

• Hey @simonw, yes! There's been a couple tweaks to keyboard navigation to make zipping through the UI a little easier - I'm glad you like it! :smile: :+1: Let me know if I can pass along any other feedback. :smile:

• simonw
    simonw
    Community Member

I see Ctrl-U has been implemented too, that's awesome. Very impressed with the rate of feature releases, thanks a lot!

• @simonw Not a problem - thanks for the feedback! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.