Is this level of memory usage expected for 1Password 7 on macOS Big Sur?

edinglassie
edinglassie
Community Member

I'm a new user and happened to notice this memory usage in Activity Monitor, which seems excessive.

I have taken a sample process to provide to support if it helps.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: macOS Big Sur (11.2.1)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:memory

Comments

• @edinglassie

We've made great improvements to our performance in our betas. If this is a vexing issue, I welcome you to try the beta. If betas are not something you wish to use, I would recommend giving 1Password a complete quit, followed by opening it from your Dock or Applications folder. You may need to repeat those steps until we can get a new release into your hands. I hope the beta series is nearing an end, and we'll be able to get a more recent release into your hands as soon as possible.

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.

Use 1Password beta releases

• edinglassie
    edinglassie
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply.

I've read through related forum posts and can see this issue, as well as the spinning circle, are common issues on macOS. I can work around this in the meantime and will hold out for the new release.

• @edinglassie

Understood. :chuffed:

• synacsyn
    synacsyn
    Community Member

I have been on the beta for 2 days and memory utilization has held steady at about 78mb. Previously it was ballooning to hundreds of mb even up to 2gb. So I think whatever is in the beta has mitigated the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

This is great to hear @synacsyn :+1:

This discussion has been closed.