Converting from Single to Family plan

Options
mrwugui
mrwugui
Community Member

Hi, if i have an existing personal plan, can i convert it to family plan? how does the payment work? sounds silly.. but for a family vault, are we able to see each other's credentials?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrwugui!

Hi, if i have an existing personal plan, can i convert it to family plan?

Yes :)

Change your 1Password account type

how does the payment work?

You will be charged a pro rated amount when you upgrade, which will keep into consideration the amount you have already paid for your Individual accoutn for the year.

sounds silly.. but for a family vault, are we able to see each other's credentials?

Only in vaults you share with each other: items in your Private vault will only be available to you :+1:

• mrwugui
    mrwugui
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana , thanks for the prompt response! so who should upgrade it? the existing user who was already under individual plan, or can anyone just do it and add it in?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrwugui:

the existing user who was already under individual plan, or can anyone just do it and add it in?

If you already have an individual account, you can convert it to Families using those instructions. If you don't have an individual account instead, you can just create a Families account right away :+1:

• sadven
    sadven
    Community Member
    Options

I just converted from a single stand alone account to a family account. I have not invited any family members as of yet. The 1 Password app now says I have 3 vaults and my logins have doubled. The vaults are: Family: private/shared and then another primary. Private is selected for vault for saving. Should I delete the last one that says primary? I believe that is the one that syncs to iCloud which is now the old one. If so how can I do that and be sure not to delete everything?
    Thank you

• Ben
    Options

Hey @sadven

Should I delete the last one that says primary?

Yes. :) Instructions can be found here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Private is selected for vault for saving

As it should be. This means that any items you've been saving have been going here.

If so how can I do that and be sure not to delete everything?

Please make sure you can log in at https://my.1password.com and that you are able to view all of your data there. Deleting the Primary vault will not affect anything you see there. Also, if you have not already, I'd highly recommend printing a copy of your Emergency Kit:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Each person will have their own unique Emergency Kit that should be stored safely, e.g. in a fire safe.

The 1 Password app now says I have 3 vaults and my logins have doubled

When creating or upgrading to 1Password Families membership a built-in "Shared" vault is automatically created. The contents of this vault are available to all members of the family. To learn more please see this guide:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.