Cannot use autofill in Google Chrome

Grow
Grow
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I cannot use autofill in Google Chrome in the latest version. I simply don't show the account list.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @LagPick! 👋

Thanks for getting in touch. What happens when you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar? Do you see the pop-up along with a list of items to fill on the current page you're visiting (if you have any stored)?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

Yes, they are still there. The issue only happens with the password boxes' autofill.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LagPick:

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see exactly when you click on a password field? I am curious to know if you at least see the 1Password icon inside the password field.

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Something like this!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the screenshot @LagPick .

This means 1Password either doesn't have a login item for this website, or that your login item for Gmail has a different domain in the URL than the page you are currently visiting.

I believe the latter is the case here, so please make sure the domain of the login page of Google is identical to the domain that is listed in your login item:
    1. Open your 1Password.
    2. Find the login item for your Google account and select it to view its information.
    3. Under the username and password, you'll see the website URL. Make sure that it has the same domain name as it appears in your browser's address bar when you visit the page.

If you are on "accounts.google.com" in your browser when you log into your Google account, but your login item has "gmail.com/login", then these are two different domains and is the reason why 1Password doesn't suggest this item when you visit the page. Edit your login item and copy the URL from your address bar into the website field in 1Password so that 1Password will know to suggest this login item on that website/page.

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

Hi. I have been using 1Pasword for a few years and I know how to use it. I use this login form every day and I have at least 20 items.
    This happens randomly. That's why I only report it now after 2 weeks of trouble.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LagPick:

For confirmation, what is the value of the website field in this Login item that is not showing up?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

I wonder why you still try to prove that I don't know how to use 1Password instead of investigating the issue from your end? Your support is the reason why I choose your product to use but why It becomes so bad now?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021

Hey @LagPick ,

There are very (very) few reasons why a login item won't show up on a website, and we're going over them with you right now. If we had any other lead we would also pursue it, but this is the only one that makes sense at the moment until we get the answers we're looking for.

Your screenshot contained some personal info so I removed it. But I did investigate it before doing so and you did not show the URL of the login item in that screenshot, so I wasn't able to determine whether or not your login item has a URL that matches the website's URL you were visiting.

Can you please take another screenshot, but this time when you open 1Password and select an item, scroll down a bit (below the username and password of the item) so we can see what is the URL that this login item contains? Also, please censor/blur out any personal info like your email address. Alternatively, you can send it to us privately via email if you prefer: support+extensions@1password.com

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/iq/f96heou87z8k.png

Thank you for your patience and cooperation on the matter. Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

SCREENSHOTS REMOVED

Here are they.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional screenshots @LagPick .

The first screenshot of Facebook shows that 1Password identifies the page as a registration page rather than a login page. What happens if you click the "Suggestions" under the generated password and select "Logins"? Does it suggest your logins then? Also, I noticed that your login item for Facebook has HTTP and not HTTPS in the URL, I'd suggest you edit it and put in HTTPS in it.

When you're on Facebook's main login page (and not this page that in your screenshot), do you get proper suggestions? You can reach it by logging out of your account and logging back in.

On the 2nd screenshot of Google, it does seem like it should work, unless the vault these logins are in is hidden in 1Password's settings:

1. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings".
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and check if all vaults and accounts there are enabled. If one of the vaults/accounts is disabled, that may be why you are not getting suggestions from it. Enable it back on.
    3. Test and see if you are now getting suggestions when visiting these pages.

Let us know what you find.

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

What happens if you click the "Suggestions" under the generated password and select "Logins"? Does it suggest your logins then?

--> No

Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and check if all vaults and accounts there are enabled.

All were enabled.

Just to let you know that all the accounts are still there if I click to the 1Password extension icon.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021

Thanks for the additional info @LagPick .

There are two things we should check here - Whether or not this happens with a new login item, and whether or not this happens in a clean environment.
    For the first test, simple save a new login on Facebook or Google's login pages (you can use made up credentials for this test). After you saved a new login, refresh the page and see if 1Password suggests that new login.

If 1Password did suggest the new login, then we'll have to dive in deeper into your existing login items to see why they are not being suggested while new logins are working properly.

In case 1Password did not suggest the new login, let's try things in a new user profile for a cleaner environment:

1. Create a new user profile in your Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824
    2. Switch into the new user profile.
    3. Install only 1Password in that new profile: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
    4. Test and see if 1Password still does not suggest your logins on these pages.

Looking forward to hearing the results.
    Thank you for your patience on the matter, we'll get to the bottom of this eventually :)

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

Hello @ag_yaron I'm sorry for my late reply. Since this happens randomly so I need to try to reproduce it.
    After removing the extension and reinstall it, I cannot reproduce the issue anymore. Both Facebook and Google site autofill work correctly.
    Will update you as soon as I can reproduce it again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @LagPick, thank you for the update!

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

Found it!

• I tried to login from admin.google.com
    • Google will redirect me to https://accounts.google.com/ and ask me to login
    • Pick my account on the list of "Choose an account"
    • Notice that autofill doesn't work on login screen
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LagPick:

Thank you for the instructions! I have tested your steps and I was able to get 1Password to fill my email on accounts.google.com, even after being redirected there from admin.google.com, so this should definitely work for you too. At this point I wonder if there is something in your browser that is interfering with this.

Do you have other extensions installed? Have you tried testing this in a new Chrome profile, with just the 1Password extension installed?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

I installed a lot of extensions actually. Will test with a new Chrome profile and update to you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Perfect, thank you!

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

Sho here is the result:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @LagPick ,
    Thank you for testing that and for sharing the result.

If you save a new login item right then and there, when it is not suggesting anything, then refresh the page, does it suggest only the new login you just saved, or does it still not suggest anything?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

It doesn't suggest anything. The new login was in the extension though.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @LagPick .
    It seems we have exhausted the possible causes for this issue, so I'd like us to dive a bit deeper, which would require you to send us some things via email:

• Record your screen, create a new test login and reproduce the issue with it. Send us the video. You can create a new empty vault for this so it won't show any personal items in the video.
    • Grab the extension's log after you reproduce the issue and send it over: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/
    • Check the browser's console for any errors as well and send it over if you find something that might be related.
    • Open the test item you saved and view its details. Take a screenshot and send it as well.

Send all of the above to support+extensions@1password.com with a short description and a link to this discussion so we can connect the dots.
    Hopefully we'll be able to shed some light on the matter when we get all of the above.

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

Sent, @ag_yaron

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @LagPick! Have you received a ticket number already?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

Not yet @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LagPick: Ok, I can locate the message manually for you. Did you email it using the same address that you use to login here on the forum?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member

@ag_ana yes

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LagPick:

Ok, so we have not received any email from this email address. Can you check that it was actually sent, and not perhaps stuck into the outbox?

• Grow
    Grow
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

@ag_ana
    It was sent to support+extensions@1password.com
    I have just resent and also sent via support form: https://support.1password.com/contact/

This discussion has been closed.