export icloud passwords to import into 1password [Solved]

Options
bip
bip
Community Member
edited February 2021 in Mac

I've read through everything here and am aware of the great work of @MrC but i might have a new problem for him. It's an M1 macbook with safari 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.4). Finally convinced my wife to use 1password and now I have the pleasure of figuring out why icloud keychain won't allow copy and paste to the local keychain. it always says "An error occurred. An object could not be added to the current keychain. At least one parameter passed to a function is invalid". nothing from the converter suite seems to help here, i've read the read me, and the "import from icloud-only keychain". i've also tried the get_safari12_passwords applescript, running it gives the warning "script failure. the connection is invalid".

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Options

@bip,

Use only Get_Safari12_Passwords to get your iCloud Keychain passwords.

Be sure to exit both Safari and Script Editor, and re-open/re-run Get_Safari12_Passwords once you get into that error state. Let the script do the work, and enter your password when asked (don't dismiss the dialog before you've entered your password).

Watch a screen video of how the process works here.

• bip
    bip
    Community Member
    Options

ok, well, NEVERMIND. I have NO idea what I did, I just figured I'd try one more time, restarted the computer for the 4th time and tried the applescript again and this time it worked flawlessly. 4th time's the charm i guess?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Excellent, @bip .

Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.