To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade to family account

BobSpencer
BobSpencer
Community Member

I don't see the "invite people" option on the sidebar to upgrade to a family account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to upgrade to family account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BobSpencer!

Can you please post a screenshot of the menu entires that you are seeing?

• BobSpencer
    BobSpencer
    Community Member

Below is a screenshot of my opening screen for my personal vault. Thanks for any help you can provide! I'm trying to upgrade to a family account so I can share passwords with my partner.

• BobSpencer
    BobSpencer
    Community Member

I just read the fine print in the Support guide for upgrading to a family account: "If you started your subscription with an in-app purchase, you won’t see the option to invite people. For help upgrading your account, contact 1Password Support."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BobSpencer:

Please click on the 1Password logo in the top left corner of the window in your screenshot, so you go back to your home page first. There, take a look at the menu on the right, and you should see a menu like this:

• Jackal
    Jackal
    Community Member

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. But in my case when I click on the logo as you described above I see no menu containing Invitations (see the screenshot). I have currently annual private subscription since the beginning of this year.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jackal:

Are you perhaps subscribed via an Apple subscription?

• Jackal
    Jackal
    Community Member

Yes, I am.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jackal:

Thank you for the confirmation! That would explain it :)

If you started your subscription with an in-app purchase, you won’t see the option to invite people.

We will be happy to help you with this though. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Jackal
    Jackal
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. My support ID is [#MXW-24472-654]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jackal:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: MXW-24472-654

• joepen5
    joepen5
    Community Member

Hi. I had the same situation as above regarding the inapp purchase. I sent an email a few minutes ago. Thank you for your assistance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @joepen5! Have you received a ticket number already?

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

@ag_ana,
    Is it best to not get 1Password from the Apple Store?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

It's up to you @ajahn based on your preference. Updates are applied quicker to the 1Password app from our website, but other than that you can install it from your preferred source.

• lisamfoss
    lisamfoss
    Community Member

HI,
    I am having the same problem. I started my 1Password account through the Apple store. I want to upgrade to a family account.
    If this many people have this issue, perhaps you should add information about how to upgrade to Family if you started an account from Apple?
    My ticket number is [#AUU-37251-597]. Please help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lisamfoss:

Thank you, I see your email and that my colleague Trace is already helping you there :+1:

ref: AUU-37251-597

This discussion has been closed.