Autofill forms

Options
songf
songf
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi
I just starting using 1password after using another password manager for a long time. I like it. One issue I am having is that I fill in a lot of insurance forms (often with the same information over and over). Before I was using the other password manager on chrome on a mac through an extension and it was possible to have chrome autofill and the other password manager on at the same time. Chrome autofill would automatically remember whatever I typed into the many fields of an insurance form and would suggest it every time I clicked on each field so I could actually fill in a whole form without having to type. 1password seems to disable chrome autofill in order to work. Is there a way to get 1password to save individual fields on an online form. It seemed like there is or was on some version of 1password according to this.
https://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/save-and-fill-online-form-entries-1password
But I don't seem to have access to those windows.
Thanks

1Password Version: 1.23.1
Extension Version: 992
OS Version: os x 11.2.1 (20D74)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @songf - thanks for reaching out! 1Password can fill different types of forms. However, it would depend on how those forms are coded. Could you send over a link to a typical form that you use? From there, I can check on it and let you know what the options would be.

• songf
    songf
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately they are insurance forms so you have to log in to view them. So I can't send a link.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There might be someone here with an account on those websites @songf, so if you want to send us the links, we can certainly try to take a look.

• songf
    songf
    Community Member
    Options

That would be very fortunate if so.
    1. https://apps.availity.com/availity/web/public.elegant.login
    It is one of the most common web sites for health care providers to bill private insurance. It is the page to make 'professional claims' that I am interested in autofilling.

I have a work around though. I can just open a chrome browser with another email login for viewing those sites - and not install 1password on that chrome login. Not the most elegant solution but there seem to be pros and cons to every password manager - and none of them seem to work everywhere.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@songf:

I have a work around though. I can just open a chrome browser with another email login for viewing those sites - and not install 1password on that chrome login.

There might be a quicker workaround. You could tell 1Password not to act as the default password manager in the settings:

This will allow you to configure Chrome to suggest email addresses and other form information if you wish, but you will still be able to use 1Password if you need to.

This discussion has been closed.