I can't add my Dropbox vault to my iPhone app

Options
SRL1p
SRL1p
Community Member

I sync 1Password (version 7) on my Mac using a Dropbox vault (I also have a "Personal" vault there). I noticed recently that on my iPhone (app version 7.7.1) new passwords were not showing up. The reason is that all the only vault on my iPhone is my "Personal" vault and the Dropbox vault doesn't appear. I looked up how to add it and I don't see a "Sync" option anywhere, which is apparently what I need. Both operating systems are up to date. Alternatively, is there a way to sync my two vaults on my laptop -- that way, if everything between my two vaults on Mac is the same, then what is in the "Personal" vault will appear in both places. I hope this all makes sense. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 7.7.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't add dropbox vault on iphone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SRL1p!

If you already have a Pesonal vault synced on two devices, is there a reason why you are trying to use another vault synced on Dropbox instead?

If you use a 1Password Membership with a Personal vault, sync is automatic and you don't need any other sync methods like in the past, such as Dropbox. We actually recommend removing the old vaults when you switch to a Membership, exactly so this way sync is automatic for you.

• SRL1p
    SRL1p
    Community Member
    Options

Good point. I guess that is the the way I’ve been doing things. Is there, however, a way to sync my two vaults so that if I delete the old Dropbox vault on the Mac, I won’t lose any passwords now residing in there?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SRL1p:

Yes, on your Mac you should move your 1Password items from the Primary vault (stored on Dropbox) to the Personal vault. This way, your data will sync automatically to your iPhone, and you can then remove the Primary vault from your Mac altogether :+1:

• SRL1p
    SRL1p
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Seems to me that I will then have several hundred duplicates, though. I take is that there is no syncing tool available to avoid that?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021
    Options

@SRL1p:

Perhaps I misunderstood the situation: you mentioned in your first post that some data was not showing up on your phone, because it was stored in a different vault. So if that's the case, you should just move the missing data to the Personal vault.

Now however it sounds more like some data is actually in both vaults at the same time, since you are afraid of having duplicates, correct?

• SRL1p
    SRL1p
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, correct. Not sure how I got to this point, admittedly, but that’s the case.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SRL1p:

I have seen this happen a few times when one device used one vault, and another a different vault, like in this case. Some manual cleanup will be usually required in this cases, but we do have a duplicate removal feature in the 1Password for Mac app which might help you.

Because you have been using two separate vaults, it might not be able to find everything if the duplicate items were actually created twice in two different points in time, but it might help. You can find it in 1Password for Mac under Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items :+1:

• SRL1p
    SRL1p
    Community Member
    Options

I’ll try. Thanks so very much!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @SRL1p! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help :)

• SRL1p
    SRL1p
    Community Member
    Options

And using the Clean Up Duplicate Items made it easy. I copied all the Dropbox passwords into my Personal vault and then run the Clean Up. I think I'm now good. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @SRL1p, thank you for the update! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.