Autofill stops working all of the sudden

loggor
loggor
Community Member

I'm currently having an issue that as far as I can tell begun after the last update.

I'm using 1Pass on a Samsung S20+ and after the last update the autofill stops working on browsers all of the sudden.

If I open the app in the settings section, both autofill and the accessibility are enabled, but I constantly need to disable and enable back the autofill to get it to work again.

So far, it happened to me on Brave and DuckDuckGo browsers. It doesn't seem to be the website that I'm trying to log in, because after I disable and enable back the autofill it works on that very website.

Are there any reports of similar issue?

App version is 7.7.3

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @loggor!

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "stops working"? Does the autofill extension not appear at all, or does it appear but doesn't fill anything? Or perhaps something else?

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

The option to autofill does not appear at all. As if the app wasn't installed.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

So, as far as I can tell the autofill settings is broken on my phone. I left it disabled an kept only the accessibility option enabled. With only the accessibility enabled it's showing the autofill pop-up so far.

If I was to enable the autofill settings on the app, that button wouldn't show.

So I had to keep it like this.

Edit: I reinstalled the app a couple of times and it didn't fix it.

• Hey @loggor, we've seen recent reports of Autofill issues with Brave, and it seems related to the Android 11 update. Can you tell us if you recently upgraded to Android 11? Also, did you recently update 1Password or Brave?

In addition, do you see no Autofill prompt in some or all sites within DuckDuckGo?

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

Hi @ag_audrey, my Android was already updated (Android 11) before the last 1Password update. I received an update on 17 January for 1Password and after this update, the autofill issue began.

On both browsers, I tried (Brave and DuckDuckGo) it would not show the autofill option on any website. But if I went to the 1Password app (or the Android Autofill Setting) and disabled the autofill, and then enable it back, the website I already had open on a browser would prompt the autofill. Sometimes it stayed there even if I refreshed the page, but if I type in another URL in the browser and then came back to the previous page, the autofill option would not show up and I'd have to repeat the process of disabling the autofill option and then enable it back.

• Hey @loggor, that is certainly peculiar. To help us further dig into this issue, would you mind sending a diagnostic report from your Android device: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android.

Please attach the diagnostic to an email addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email, please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/118969/autofill-stops-working-all-of-the-sudden
    • Your forum username: loggor

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here, so I can track down the diagnostic and ensure that this issue is dealt with.

Once I see the diagnostic report, I'll be able to better assist you. Thank you in advance!

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

👍

• Hey @loggor, thanks for sending in the diagnostic report! A colleague will be in touch shortly.

ref: PWP-48952-417

• semicuda
    semicuda
    Community Member

I actually have the same problem with Brave on a Pixel 5 (latest Android 11 update): Autofill will work for a short while, after that no suggestions will be shown. To make it work again, I can "kill" Brave (swipe up from app switcher). Seems like it breaks when Brave is backgrounded for any significant amount of time.

The "strip" on top of the keyboard does not work at all.

I, too, have to fall back to the rather clunky accessibility method.

• ag_audrey
    edited March 2021

Hey @semicuda, thank you for chiming in here! As I mentioned above, this is a known issue that our development team is currently investigating. We appreciate your patience with us as we continue to figure out the underlying issue.

In the meantime, you can temporarily switch browsers or try using our drag and drop feature in Brave: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-android/#drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-other-apps.

• chewnglow
    chewnglow
    Community Member

Same problem here. There is no autofill in username while the autofill option only shows in password domain. I'm using Android 11.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@chewnglow:

For confirmation, is this also happening to you in Brave?

• chewnglow
    chewnglow
    Community Member

Not exactly. I'm not using Brave and the function of autofill on browser (the default chrome) seems better (when I switched to password domain and switch back to username domain, the autofill works). The problem mainly take place in applications.

• @chewnglow Thanks for the confirmation!

Could you specify which apps you're experiencing trouble with so I can test them out on my end?

• SkriptedKhaos
    SkriptedKhaos
    Community Member

I haven’t signed up yet so I’m not sure if this will help, but I notice that most of the time on my Android phone (cheap one I have just for games and stuff) I have to long press in some of the “text entry boxes” (as if I were trying to get the paste option to pop up) and then sometimes it shows an auto fill & an arrow, and other times it just shows an arrow (which I can sometimes click to get to the auto fill option). It’s weird and I don’t know if this is related but I figured I’d suggest it.

• chewnglow
    chewnglow
    Community Member

Every installed app won't work. Even I long press the username textbox and select autofill the 1password won't pop up. Password textbox works.

• chewnglow
    chewnglow
    Community Member

Webpages works fine though.

• SkriptedKhaos
    SkriptedKhaos
    Community Member

@chewnglow Oh ok. I’m interested in seeing if you get this resolved then because one of my devices is an Android and I’m trying to see how or if this will all work for my devices.

• @chewnglow I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @SkriptedKhaos If you're having trouble filling, first make sure you have both Autofill and Accessibility enabled in 1Password's settings. Also, if you notice trouble filling in a particular site, browser or app, let us know which so we can help.

• baseball9_22
    baseball9_22
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Having major issues with 1Password only popping up with clicking on username and password within a typical sign up form. No other field is popping up an identity to pick from. This is very frustrating as I am in the 14 day family trial period and it is not looking good as I am Android, but rest of family is iOS. I have tried Chrome, Brave and Firefox. Using test fill in form here https://www.roboform.com/filling-test-all-fields on my Samsung Note10+. Android v11

• Hi @baseball9_22. 1Password for Android currently supports filling login items, but it doesn't have support for filling identities, credit cards, or other item types. This is something we'd love to support in the future, though, and I'll pass your request on to our developers.

• chewnglow
    chewnglow
    Community Member

Hi & sorry for the late response. The support ID is #NBI-11964-491. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@chewnglow:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: NBI-11964-491

This discussion has been closed.