how do i downgrade from 1password 7 to 1password 6

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i downgrade from 1password 7 to 1password 6

Comments

• @Mike Marus

1Password 6 has been retired and hasn't received updates in over 2 years. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to use to an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend. That said, licenses never expire, and so you can continue using any version you've licensed for as long as it works for you.

Is there some issue that I can help with in regard to 1Password 7?

• mrded
    mrded
    Community Member

1password 6 is the last version which works without a need to purchase a subscription. That's the reason.

I'm also facing a problem downgrading from 7 -> 6. I've accidentally updated to v7 and after downgrading to v6 it won't start :'(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mrded:

1password 6 is the last version which works without a need to purchase a subscription. That's the reason.

You can purchase a license for 1Password 7 too if you prefer :)

To do this, please download 1Password 7 from our website and you will be prompted to purchase a license directly inside the app :+1:

• mrded
    mrded
    Community Member

You can purchase a license for 1Password 7 too if you prefer

Does 1Password 7 has a lifetime licence (not a subscription)?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mrded:

Yes, you can purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 too (although it won't be a lifetime one, as we never had those, but it will be valid forever for 1Password version 7).

• mrded
    mrded
    Community Member

That’s good, thanks. I was worrying you have a subscription only.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @mrded, I am glad I could clarify things :) Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

• ladyplumber2
    ladyplumber2
    Community Member

Question: As i have an older Mac Pro late 2011 with 1PW6 license and just updated to High Sierra/ Safari 13 ( I believe this is its last update) would it be better to purchase the license for 1PW7 as opposed to membership? Just trying to squeeze the last bit of life out till i can afford to get a new Mac. I have installed 1PW7 and am stopped at the purchase screen till I figure this out.

• @ladyplumber2

A membership is the best way forward with 1Password. It will afford you off-device backups and built-in syncing. Not to mention you'll always have the latest version of 1Password always available to you.

• Phultquist
    Phultquist
    Community Member

IF I PURCHASE A LICENSE FOR 7, WILL MY INFO FROM 6 TRANSFER AUTOMATICALLY? USING ON 2 PC'S AND A MACBOOK PRO, AN IPAD AND IPHONE

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
This discussion has been closed.