1password 6 won't open

Options

My 1password 6 on my iMac won't open, the vault was on a server which no longer exists. I do have the program on an iPad and that still works. I think I have copies of the vault (1Password.opvault) but I can't get 1password to restore them. I had hoped to sync with my iPad using iCloud but 1password won't open for me to be able to either sync or try to load an alternative vault. The windows opens and I type in my Master password but nothing happens - it doesn't reject the password but neither does it open and I get a message on my computer saying that there was a problem connecting to the server. I have tried deleting and re-installing but exactly the same happens.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 won't open

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community, @Thyme! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. That's going to be something our email support team will be better-suited to assist you with. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/119391/1password-6-wont-open
    • Your forum username: @Thyme

That way the team can "connect the dots" when they see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so they can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• Thyme
    Thyme
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,
    Thank you, your help is much appreciated.
    I've followed your instructions and this is the support ID: [#ZZA-92797-749]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Thyme:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ZZA-92797-749

• Thyme
    Thyme
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome :)