1password will not recognize Chrome extension after it has been installed and reinstalled.

Options

1Password asks me to install the extension for Chrome every time I open 1Password. This issue started when I updated 1Password. I have tried reinstalled the Chrome extension a few times but still 1Password asks me to install the Chrome extension. Please help.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password will not recognize Chrome extension after it has been installed and reinstalled.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hjustin!

Extension Version: Not Provided

What version of the 1Password browser extension is this happening with?

• donski
    donski
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, this is happening with me, but with all browsers (except Safari).

My setup:

• OSX Macbook Pro M1 (16GB), fresh install
    • 1password 7.7 (70700015) (licensed as a 1password 6 user)

Browsers extension versions:

• Brave: 1.23.1 (default browser)
    • Firefox: 1.23.1
    • Safari: hard to find the version. It's hooking up to the desktop app well. Strangely, the AppStore thinks it's not an installed extension.

There are a few problems I'm having but think it's related to this core issue (e.g fingerprint unlock not available)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@donski:

1password 7.7 (70700015) (licensed as a 1password 6 user)

Can you please elaborate on this? A license for 1Password 6 would only work on 1Password 6, 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade. Without a valid license applied to the app, one of the first symptoms you will notice will be that the extension won't work.

• donski
    donski
    Community Member
    Options

What I mean is that I was previously a licensed 1password 6 user, then I paid for the upgrade to a 1password 7 license.

• Hello @donski,

Thank you for your clarification. In your case, please uninstall the current extension you have on your browser since it only works if you have a 1Password account and get the classic 1Password extension from here: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/ => scroll down to "Install the 1Password classic extension" and select your browser.

• donski
    donski
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that solved it.

• Hello @donski,

You are very welcome. Please feel free to give me a shout if you need anything and have a great week.

• masonke
    masonke
    Community Member
    Options

Why is are you making it so hard to use 1Password without a subscription? Items like this where you force the users to have to use a workaround to use local accounts is ridiculous.

You are going to drive away your long time users because of this constant push to use your subscription service when it is not wanted

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We are not advertising licenses anymore @masonke, but you are still able to use a license if you prefer :+1: Is there anything we can do to help?

This discussion has been closed.