sync starting failing again

pinskerj
pinskerj
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Mac

Hi support team,

For a while in the 7.7 mac betas, all the way through 7.7.1 and the betas for that for some time, sync would not activate when I changed something on another mac or iPhone, I would have to switch vaults on the mac and switch back to make it show up on any Mac. A few weeks ago it seemed to be fixed, items started instantly syncing again. I saw a few people noted that here in the forums, so thank you for the fix.

But today, I marked an item no longer a favorite on my phone, later in the day logged into my mac, it's still a favorite. Switching vaults back and forth instantly fixed it on the mac. So back to this again.... This is the latest mac beta 7.7.1 beta 9 and latest iPhone 1password (7.7.1) that updated yesterday.

Could this be something server side that changed for 1password accounts on your servers? I noted items started syncing again a few weeks ago before you noted any fixes in the app itself in the mac betas.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.7.1beta9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password.com account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pinskerj!

But today, I marked an item no longer a favorite on my phone, later in the day logged into my mac, it's still a favorite. Switching vaults back and forth instantly fixed it on the mac.

Out of curiosity, when this happened, did you also check the 1Password.com website, to see if the item was still a favorite there too?

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member

Sorry I did not. I never use the website. But I suspect the website was fine and updated and this is something specific to the mac app not updating again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @pinskerj, thank you for the confirmation. Should this happen again, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac (before switching vaults, so while you are still experiencing the issue) and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member

Happened again, password update does not show on another mac, switching vaults to private vault, then back to another vault made it show up instantly. That was on a laptop running the standard version 7.7 yesterday. But also running 7.7.1 beta 9 this morning on a different Mac. Same exact issue.

iPhone app always shows the updates instantly. Ticket #FFY-36719-515.

Thanks again for looking into this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pinskerj:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: AXQ-99735-888

This discussion has been closed.