Resolved - Unable to unlock 1P with correct main password

Options
rdlugosz
rdlugosz
Community Member
edited March 2021 in iOS

My customer is experiencing an issue with his 1Password on iOS where he can't unlock it. He is 100% absolutely positive he is entering the correct main password but 1P says it's incorrect. He didn't have Dropbox or 1P sync enabled. We've tried force shutting the app and restarting the phone but none of that helped. What is the best course of action in such a case?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.4
Sync Type: none

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rdlugosz! Welcome to the forum!

He didn't have Dropbox or 1P sync enabled.

Is this a new device, or a device where your customer has been using 1Password regularly?

• rdlugosz
    rdlugosz
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Thank you! I'm a long time 1P user and advocate but this is the first time I had to contact support :)
    He's been using 1Password on that phone for quite some time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdlugosz:

Thank you for the confirmation! Do you know if something changed lately? Perhaps a new vault added to the device, a device update, or other actions they don't normally perform in the 1Password app? I know that we are a bit in the dark here, but often in the past when I was told that the Master Password was absolutely correct, it often wasn't :/

• rdlugosz
    rdlugosz
    Community Member
    Options

Issue resolved. After reading your reply my client tried a few more times and succeeded with a password he says he never used for 1Password. Anyway, case closed :) Is there a way to mark an issue as resolved here?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can edit the title of the discussion if you wish @rdlugosz :)

And thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected once again.

This discussion has been closed.