Reactivate apple watch

Options
julien5947
julien5947
Community Member

Each 15days, i need to go back in 1password, put my main password to unlock it, go to preferences, applewatch, deactivate it (second time to put main password) then reactivate it (3time to put main password). 3 times to put main password each 15days... Why does entering in 1password with manually type main password is not sufficient to reactivate unlocking with apple watch? You should correct this bug asap please...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @julien5947!

What version of 1Password for Mac and macOS is this happening with?

• julien5947
    julien5947
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag-ana

macOS 11.2.2 and 1password 7.7

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@julien5947:

Thank you for the confirmation! Our developers added improvements to the Apple Watch app in the latest beta. I am looking specifically at this entry in our changelog:, which sounds like exactly what you are experiencing:

Fixed an issue that would cause Apple Watch unlock to fail to re-enable when typing in your master password after the expiry for requiring the master password. {#5234}

If you would like, you can update to the beta already and see if that improves things for you too:

Use 1Password beta releases

• julien5947
    julien5947
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @ag-ana

As i'm using App store version, don't have access to preferences/updates/beta versions... Not sure this won't generate issues with my registration to switch from app store version to site download version...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@julien5947:

There shouldn't be an issue switching to the website version:

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

But you are right that the App Store version does not support beta releases, so in case you would like to give the beta channel a try, you would need to switch :+1:

This discussion has been closed.