adding account to app directly is not adding the account details

Options
Ruby110
Ruby110
Community Member

Adding 1password 7 to old MacBook running 10.13. After logging to my account and download the app, adding directly doesn't add the account details to the app.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS x 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:adding account to app directly is not adding the account details

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ruby110!

adding directly doesn't add the account details to the app.

What happens exactly when you do this? Do you get an error message?

• Ruby110
    Ruby110
    Community Member
    Options

No error message except the password is rejected. Preferences: Accounts shows no information. Nothing to enter with the + sign. Also, in the app menu: Account, the the “sign in to account...” option is grayed-out.

The 1Password drop-down shows Purchase 1Password. The License option shows “add License” but it’s looking for a file I don’t have.

• Ruby110
    Ruby110
    Community Member
    Options

I tried adding a license and logged in which eventually got me to a “primary profile locked” message. Searching that message led me to an answer about prior app versions and old passwords. So I opened 1password 7 and unlocked with my old password. Voila, my membership account was added!

Problem solved.

Quick question: do I still need to or want to sync with iCloud? It looks like the answer is no.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ruby110:

Quick question: do I still need to or want to sync with iCloud? It looks like the answer is no.

Correct, iCloud is not necessary anymore if you use a 1Password Membership, since data syncs automatically via 1Password.com in that case :)

• Ruby110
    Ruby110
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.