Unable to Remove Old Account for 1Password on Mac

Options
bhanson81
bhanson81
Community Member

Hello,
This is my first time posting in this community so bear with me if this question has already been asked and answered. I did some digging but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So here we go.

I have a user in my company's 1Password for Teams account that I set up a while ago. He set up 1Password on his Mac and all was fine. Then he forgot his master password so we went through the account recovery process. He was able to get his account squared away on his iPhone as well as his 1PasswordX extension after recovery. However, he can't get things figured out with his Mac app. When he launches the app, it asks him for a password. His new password won't work. When I had him cancel out of the password prompt and just open up the app Preferences, I can see the old Secret key listed under the accounts tab. Unfortunately, the option to select that account and remove it (or even add a new one) is greyed out. I'm guessing it's because he doesn't know his original master password so we're not "logged in" to the app (although I could be wrong about the reason why). Does anyone know how I can remove his old account credentials and add in the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Brent

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bhanson81

Welcome to the community!

You can reset the 1Password for Mac app so that the account can be added with the correct credentials using the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data menu. Note that this only removes the cached data from the Mac — it doesn't affect anything visible at https://my.1password.com/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• bhanson81
    bhanson81
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Thank you very much. That did exactly what I needed it to do. I was able to clear out the old account info and allow my user to enter in his new info.

Thanks for your quick reply.

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.