sharing "local" faults

Options
billardal
billardal
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Lounge

Hi there,
I wonder if it is possible, to share a fault, which is on my own (Synology) NAS and synced (with Synology drive) to a folder on my Mac. I want to share this fault to other members, which have also access to the synced fault on my NAS.
Every time I try that, I have to enter my master password, which does not make sense, if used by other people. Can anyone please shine a light on me, how I can manage that?
Many thanks for help and stay healthy...."fingers crossed"
Alexander

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.x
Sync Type: own NAS
Referrer: forum-search:share local faults

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billardal!

Sharing vaults on a NAS is not an officially supported method, so this is unfortunately not something the we can help with I am afraid :( However, to answer your specific question:

Every time I try that, I have to enter my master password, which does not make sense, if used by other people. Can anyone please shine a light on me, how I can manage that?

This is the expected behavior: the Master Password is attached to the vault, so since you are sharing this vault, it will require the same Master Password, no matter who is unlocking it.

If you need to share vaults like this, our recommendation is to use a 1Password Business account. In this case, when you share a vault, the user would access it with their own Master Password :+1:

• billardal
    billardal
    Community Member
    Options

Hoi ag_ana,
    many thanks for getting back to me. I do not understand, sorry, what you mean by, "If you need to share vaults like this, our recommendation is to use a 1Password Business account." So, would this possible with a business account, or is the fault then also in the cloud?
    greetings
    Alexander

• Ben
    Options

@billardal

The only supported way of sharing 1Password data is with a 1Password membership: https://support.1password.com/explore/membership/

We do not support sharing 1Password data from a NAS. I hope that helps clarify.

Ben

• billardal
    billardal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    thanks for the clarification. Now that is clear.
    Thank you very much and take care
    Alexander

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.