Keyboard Shortcut for 1Password in Microsoft Edge

Options

Because of some ongoing weirdness with Firefox and the Express VPN extension, I've temporarily had to switch to Microsoft Edge as my default browser. I actually quite like Edge, except for one thing: there doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut to launch or trigger auto-fill in Edge. Is one forthcoming, or is this a limitation of this browser?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @skeskali,

Thanks for reaching out! It is indeed possible to use a shortcut to open 1Password in Edge. Do you have your keyboard shortcuts properly set up for 1Password in Edge? Click on the 1Password icon in your toolbar, click on the gear icon, and scroll down to Shortcuts. To reset your shortcuts, click on the "Change on the Extensions Page".

If you're still running into issues, let me know what version of Edge you're on. Talk to you again soon!

• skeskali
    skeskali
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Joy! :) Why doesn't the 1P dialogue box that pops up when you click the 1P icon in the toolbar include the shortcut? When I'm on Safari or Firefox, 1P helpfully tells me what the shortcut is. Not so in Edge.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skeskali:

Why doesn't the 1P dialogue box that pops up when you click the 1P icon in the toolbar include the shortcut?

Can you please post a screenshot of the extension popup in Edge?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey @skeskali!

Why doesn't the 1P dialogue box that pops up when you click the 1P icon in the toolbar include the shortcut?

I think it is the same problem I had:
    https://1password.community/discussion/119055/not-able-to-see-the-keyboard-shortcut-in-microsoft-edge

You have to define a keyboard shortcut first! Then it is visible in the settings of the extension. ;)

• skeskali
    skeskali
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I'll do that the next time I have to log in to 1P again. :)

@DenalB It does sound like the exact same problem. I didn't know where to set the keyboard shortcut, because the pop up only told me to click the 1P icon in the toolbar, not where I could find the setting.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't know where to set the keyboard shortcut

Just open the Edge browser and paste the following string into the URL-field.
    edge://extensions/shortcuts

It should look like this where you can add the keyboard shortcut.

Hopefully it works for you. ;)

• Thank you for helping out, @DenalB. :smile:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You’re very welcome @ag_michaelc. 👍

• :+1: :smile:

This discussion has been closed.