I can't get my password to work on my old or new iPhone

Options
cottonr1
cottonr1
Community Member

I purchased a new iPhone 2 weeks ago and uploaded the files and apps from the cloud from my old phone to the new phone. Initially, I could not open the 1Password app on my new phone but could still open it on my old phone via my thumbprint. However, after trying to see the actual code, my old phone started to ask for the master code. When I attempted to enter it with and without spaces, it no longer works. I also tried to change the password online, but either the old password or the new one work. The hint feature still gives me the hint for the old password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't get my password to work on my old or new iPhone

Comments

• @cottonr1

If you see a hint, that would indicate that 1Password still has a Primary vault associated with it, as in an old Master Password from before you started a membership. Changing your Master Password in your account would not change this behavior.

Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit. and also that you can indeed access 1Password.com

If all of your data is in your membership and you know the Master Password, the best option may be to remove 1Password and install it again, allowing you to set it up again.

• Make sure all of your data is in your membership before doing this.

--

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists, then it will unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in.

2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account.

3. If multiple memberships are signed in, then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership.

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

This discussion has been closed.