I changed my master password and it is not working. I can access 1password on my phone via face

Options
pjwood10
pjwood10
Community Member

I changed my master password on my mac. Now I cannot get into 1password on either of my macs. I can access 1password from my iphone using facial recognition, but it will not take the master password (neither the previous one or the new one).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catelina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I changed my master password and it is not working

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pjwood10!

After changing your Master Password, are you able to login with the new one directly on the 1Password.com website, rather than in the apps?

• pjwood10
    pjwood10
    Community Member
    Options

No. It was not possible to login on the 1Password.com website. And now my phone stopped letting me in using the facial recognition, so I am locked out there too. After trying to login on 1password.com, I clicked the request for assistance, and it sent me an email. I am able to view my account name and it gives me info to find my secret key, but there is only a link to delete my account, which is the last thing I want to do.

• pjwood10
    pjwood10
    Community Member
    Options

I saw this note on the 1password reddit, "You’re always supposed to sign out of all accounts before you change your master password. The issue being that if one device tries to sync the new password, and another tries to sync the old vault, it’ll cause a conflict and I believe it’s permanently locked people out such that neither password works anymore."

This sounds like what could have happened. Is there a way to get around this? Thank you again!

• pjwood10
    pjwood10
    Community Member
    Options

oh, and I do have the qr code if that helps

• @pjwood10

To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support@1password.com from your account's registered email address, so we can continue the conversation there?

This discussion has been closed.