To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is it possible to rename Authorized Devices?

johnnysheppard
johnnysheppard
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Memberships

On the My Profile page, there's a list of Authorized Devices. Some of them are computer names for the devices with the app installed, but others are references to the browser that's been logged into.

For the Browser, it just names it as the name of the Browser. I use the same browser on my laptop, desktop, and work machine, but all of these come as the same device name, just different entries. It would be really handy to be able to rename them so that I can easily keep track of what's being used.

That way - it would also be easier to spot if an unrecognized login had occurred even if it's using the same browser that I normally use.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is it possible to rename Authorized Devices?

Comments

• @johnnysheppard

I'm sorry, no, it's not possible at this time. I would be happy to bring the issue up with the team on your behalf.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#401

• johnnysheppard
    johnnysheppard
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Yes, please. It feels like it would be a useful security feature to me.

Many thanks.

• You're welcome. Consider it done!

• je221
    je221
    Community Member

This would be very useful in validating authorized devices in the list. I currently have 8 listed by browser and it is difficult to determine which is what device as I work on several devices at many locations. Thanks ahead of time @ag_tommy!

• alanchai
    alanchai
    Community Member

Yes, this definitely make easy to recognize browser on which computer. I currently have Authorized Devices (13) :p

Just my suggestion, you can just link the browser to the computer names as they are on the same IP ADDRESS detected.
    Or you can just group the browser and computer name under same ip address.

For phone devices no issue at the moment, as they detected as Phone model.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alanchai:

Thank you for chiming in on this, I have passed your feedback to the developers too :+1:

• zer0r00t
    zer0r00t
    Community Member

Hi, I'm new to 1Password and I would vote for this too

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you as well @zer0r00t :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.