To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade from 1Password6 via Dropbox - Vault not syncing

allcentury
allcentury
Community Member

Hello,

I just recently upgraded from 1pass6 where I would sync devices via dropbox. Now after creating a 1passsword.com account, I don't see my dropbox vault sync'd to the cloud. In the vaults (locally in 1pass7) view, I see

My Family Vaults
- Private
- Shared
My Legacy Vault
My Other Legacy Vault

Is there a way to merge these vaults somehow and get them sync'd to the cloud?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@allcentury

During the account creation process, your older Dropbox vault should have been imported into your Private vault. Do you see duplicates of your logins from the old vault there? I don't want to give you duplicates that you'll need to clean up.

• allcentury
    allcentury
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

@ag_tommy - thanks for the quick reply! I do not see duplicates when I log into 1password.com, in fact I see the two family vaults mentioned above and inside of them looks like boilerplate entries (ie 'Welcome to 1Password').

• @allcentury

Sounds like you'll need to move your data over. Completing the steps here should get you going. Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

• allcentury
    allcentury
    Community Member

success - thank you!

• You're welcome! Enjoy!

• smbhatt
    smbhatt
    Community Member

Hello. Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.
    There is a note to upgrade to 1password7 and it'll automatically migrate data....
    My mac is old and have only the ability to run 1password6; cannot upgrade to ver 7.
    I have exported my data but how to import it to 1password.com?
    Frustrating

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@smbhatt:

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.

Where are you getting stuck exactly?

I have exported my data but how to import it to 1password.com?

The instructions Tommy posted can be followed in 1Password 6 too. Have you given them a try already?

This discussion has been closed.