2 vaults - Can I delete one of these?

Say_Cheese
Say_Cheese
Community Member

Hi,
I've got a family plan and at the moment it's just me on there. I'm going to add the rest of my family soon.
However, at the moment I have Mark's Family with Private and Shared. That's fine, I know what they are.

I also have 'On Dropbox'. Now before using 1Password 7 I did have a previous older version that synced the vault via Dropbox.

Can I copy all the entries from the Dropbox vault to the Private vault, use the clean up duplicates option and then delete the Dropbox vault? Will everything keep syncing ok if I do that?
Screenshot below of the vaults I have showing down the left hand pane.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.2.2
Sync Type: Not sure

Comments

• @Say_Cheese

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up to date information in your Personal vault.

• Make sure any new items have been uploaded to your account.
    1. Remove the Primary vault.

2. Use the duplicate remover if needed.

• The old vault will remain in Dropbox should you ever need to reconnect it for some reason.
  • Say_Cheese
    Say_Cheese
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Thank you.
    Am I right in thinking that my Private vault (the one highlighted in my original screenshot) is kept safe, secure and synced on the 1Password servers?

• Yes 100% Private and Shared are part of your membership. You can't remove them. Only that pesky Primary can be removed. :lol:

• Say_Cheese
    Say_Cheese
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Amazing, that's what I thought. Thanks. It's worth checking before I disable the 'Primary' and make a mistake.

• No worries! It's always better to ask than to be sorry. Ask anything you like. We're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.