Is it possible to prevent 1Password mini from closing upon dragging and dropping login data?

Options

I'm quite used to use 1Password mini to fill login info on desktop apps. What I usually do is right click the item and then drag and drop the username, password and otp. But for each drag and drop, the mini closes and you have to open it again.

Is it possible to prevent it from closing when doing such actions, or maybe add to the settings an option to disable this auto-close?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @loggor 👋

Thanks for reaching out and reporting this. I'll certainly pass this along to my team so we can take a closer look at how we could do this differently.

Let me know if there's anything else amiss that you've noticed. All feedback is super appreciated!

• gkasselakis
    gkasselakis
    Community Member
    Options

I just switched from dashlane. I'm a trader and I use tons and tons of desktop apps which need username password and otp. Sometimes even the usernames are assigned to us and are hard to remember. LET US KEEP MINI OPEN.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me for this request.

Often I use 1PMini to copy & paste username, password and totp. After copying the first 1PMini is closing. So I have to open it again.

Maybe it could be possible to implement a pin-button to actively pin 1PMini to the top? Would be great! :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gkasselakis and @DenalB,

Thank you for your suggestions! We are looking at ways to improve the 1Password experience on Windows, so your feedback is quite appreciated. :+1:

Let us know if you have other questions, we are happy to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Greg! :+1:

• :smile: :+1:

• agaton
    agaton
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for a stay-on-top feature for 1Password mini.

• Thanks @agaton! I'll make sure your voice is added to the internal issue. :smile:

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

Since there is a lot of change being made to the Desktop App apparently, can this get into the sprint ? :3

• Blake
    Options

No promises, but the team is certainly aware of this and it's still on our radar! 😊

This discussion has been closed.