default suggested password complexity

Options

When changing my password to an online account, how can I "not use the suggested password". How can I make it fit the websites restrictions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.1 (build #20138) – released 2021-02-12
OS Version: Chrome OS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:default suggested password complexity

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@djblais With the latest version of 1Password in the browser you can choose the default recipe for suggested passwords. Click on the 1Password extension icon then the large '+' symbol then Password Generator. Here you can generate passwords according to a number of pre-defined recipes, adjust the recipe, manually edit the resultant password and choose the default recipe for suggestions.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

While that's true @missingbits , you don't need to change the default recipe.

You can simply get to the password generator and generate your own passwords when the suggested ones aren't suited for the website :)

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Thank you @missingbits, that answers my question exactly.

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron, while on a website changing/creating a password and the "use suggested password" pops up, can I get to the generator from there? If so this would be much more expedient.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey @djblais ,

There's no way to get to the generator from the inline menu, but we have added a shortcut in our latest beta by putting the generator right there in the extension when you're on a page that requires a new password. This feature should reach the next stable version update, and it looks like this:

That will definitely save some clicks and no longer require reaching all the way into the password generator :)

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent! thank you, I look forward to seeing it live!

• djblais
    djblais
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent! thank you, I look forward to seeing it in a coming live update. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are very welcome @djblais :)

This discussion has been closed.