Touch Id not working for Firefox on MacOS

I can not seem to figure out how to get Touch Id to work in firefox. I disabled and removed 1PasswordX and installed the firefox plugin from the 1password download page. Every time I click on the 1password icon in firefox I'm always prompted to enter my master password.

I tried the plugin in Safari and TouchId is working there so seems to only be an issue with firefox.

Appreciate any help you can provide to get this working in firefox.

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700016)
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.7 (19H114)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:touch id firefox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bitb3nd3r!

Touch ID integration was temporarily removed from 1Password X while our developers work on replacing it with something that works even better. Please see this announcement here in the forum for all the details:

Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

• bitb3nd3r
    bitb3nd3r
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. The 1Password X plugin has created a lot of confusion as I read some places to remove it and to use what was on the download page and now reading this it indicates to use 1Password X but that the feature has been disabled. Look forward to it being added back and hopefully to put this to rest as I'm sure you all are as well :-) Thanks again for the response.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bitb3nd3r:

We are indeed all excited to have this feature back :)

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

When is it coming back? This is very annoying for customers. Does the classic extension support Touch ID?

• @buckZor

Yes, the classic extension does support Touch ID. I'm afraid I do not have a timeframe for the return of the feature. If you like, you can switch versions until the feature is brought back.

Get the 1Password classic extension

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

Why can't you get a time frame from your dev team? A week? A month? Something? I pay monthly for this service, the least you could do is give us an estimate. I'll switch to the classic extension, but I worry that NOW I am compromising my security by running old bits..? You guys do ONE thing for me. Do it better.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @buckZor ,
    You are not compromising your security, 1Password Classic is perfectly secure. The only downside to it is that it won't show up inside usernames/password fields automatically with suggestions.

I assure you our development teams are working diligently on the integration feature as we speak. We do not share ETAs since things constantly change, roadblocks are overcome but new ones arise daily. This is a complex task with many variables, and every internal ETA we had so far was changed.

Keep your apps up to date and stay tuned for news via our newsletter, and enjoy the Classic extension for now :)

This discussion has been closed.