Apple Watch unlock of 1Pwd iCloud vault on 2020 iMac and 2020 MacBook Pro needs frequent reset

Options
jwtobias
jwtobias
Community Member

I have a stand-alone license for 1Password 7, which I use primarily on a 2020 iMac and 2020 MacBook Pro. I sync my primary vault using iCloud. I find that the watch unlocking method fails relatively frequently (once every day or two) on either machine, requiring me to enter my master password. The only way I can restore it is to go into preferences and turn off the watch unlocking, and then turn it on again. If it makes a difference, I occasionally use the same vault on older machines that do not have the T2 secure vault.

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: Big Sur 11.2.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Apple Watch unlock of 1Pwd iCloud vault on 2020 iMac and 2020 MacBook Pro needs frequent reset.

Comments

• rpatrick2282
    rpatrick2282
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having this same issue on an m1 Mac mini using the latest version of Big Sur

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@jwtobias @rpatrick2282

The fix for your problems is within our betas. At least by your description it is. Hopefully, we can get it out to you soon. Using the beta is an option if you're open to that.

Use 1Password beta releases

• jwtobias
    jwtobias
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll give the latest beta a try.

• I have really enjoyed my Apple Watch unlocking on the beta. I think you'll find it much more refreshing.

This discussion has been closed.