How to share my Family account with my son who has his own Family account

Options
erikhusby
erikhusby
Community Member

I want to give my Son access to my Family shared vault so that he can assist my wife when I pass on. He already has his own Family plan with his wife. I invited him using his email address but he then ran into problems ( of unspecified nature) which I expect are due to his use of his email address for his Family plan.

Is there some way other than setting up another email address for him to use with my Family plan?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to share my Family account with my son who has his own Family account

Comments

• @erikhusby

Your son should be able to be invited to your family while maintaining his family, even using the same email address. He would have a different Secret Key and could optionally have a different Master Password. He would need to be invited to the family by you, which would require the email address.

For example, in his instance of 1Password on a Mac, he would see both your account and his account in the sidebar.

If you determine the exact issue let us know. We'd love to help resolve this.

• erikhusby
    erikhusby
    Community Member
    Options

This time it worked -- so problem solved.

• Excellent! Thank you for sharing that with us. :chuffed: If you need us we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.