Does auto-fill work with Brave browser on iPad?

Options
tcollins5000
tcollins5000
Community Member

I’m using Brave browser on my iPad but 1Password doesn’t autofill.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tcollins5000
    tcollins5000
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone know how to get 1password to auto-fill on the Brave browser with iPad?

1password ver 7.7

• tcollins5000
    tcollins5000
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1password version 7.7.1

• tcollins5000
    tcollins5000
    Community Member
    Options

It says I have to download Google Chrome to get an extension for Brave? Is this correct? Seems strange...

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

@tcollins5000

We use the native autofill capabilities within iOS to fill. There are no extensions to install in the browser within iOS.

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

It sounds like you referenced an article about Brave with the Mac app. There, the Brave browser is a Chrome variant, and as such, Brave can use the Chrome extension.

• tcollins5000
    tcollins5000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! My problem is, when I’m in the Brave browser, 1password doesn’t auto-fill any passwords... which makes it mostly useless to me. No better than just saving my passwords in a file in the cloud, and copy & pasting them manually into sites, which is what I’ve been doing all year.

So... my question is simply - will 1Password ever auto-fill passwords into sites when I’m using the Brave browser and if yes, how do I make that happen? I’m on an iPad.

Thanks so much!

• @tcollins5000

I have no trouble filling my logins using the Brave browser. I just gave it a go seconds ago and logged into one of my personal sites. Have you enabled iOS autofill?

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

• tcollins5000
    tcollins5000
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I just realized 1Password does, actually auto-fill passwords in Brave... my bad.

BUT, the problem is - 1Password won’t SAVE my passwords when I sign up on a new site.

For example, I just signed up on a site (just to test it out) and I created a new user name and password - BUT- when I completed the sign-up - 1Password didn’t offer to save my password or to generate a password either! So, once again I had to make up a password and manually save it in a file on my iPad.

So the actual problem is 1Password is not generating/saving passwords I’m creating in Brave.

FYI - Brave asks to save my passwords though - could it be interfering with 1Password?

• rudy
    Options

@tcollins5000,

The workflow you'll want to follow when creating new logins for sites is to trigger autofill on the registration page and hit the "create new login" button at the top of 1Password's view. That will save the item in 1Password while also proceeding to fill it into the registration form. Unfortunately we don't have access to the contents of the form so you'll want to put your username into the 1Password creation view instead of typing it into the page itself.

This discussion has been closed.