Unlock in Safari fails if user enters wrong password and then corrects it

David Lewis
David Lewis
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Select a field in Safari, with 1Password locked. You get the Unlock 1Password popup. Clicking on it brings 1Password mini down from the menu bar for you to unlock. If you enter the correct password at that point, you see the popup in Safari change to reflect that, offering to fill the website credentials. But if you enter the wrong master password in 1Password mini, and then follow it by entering the correct one, 1Password mini unlocks but that fact is not reflected in Safari; it still says Unlock 1Password and becomes unresponsive. You have to quit and relaunch Safari to recover.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-9 (70701009) 1Passw
Extension Version: 7.7.1.BETA-9
OS Version: MacOS 11.2.2
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• @David Lewis

I am unable to reproduce this. Are you using Apple Watch or Touch ID unlocking? Maybe my testing needs to be adjusted. I dismissed the prompt when I received it for those methods and then typed the Master Password manually. Thanks.

• David Lewis
    David Lewis
    Community Member

@ag_tommy No, just manual entry of the master password. And I didn’t dismiss anything, but entered the password incorrectly the first time. This is on a 2017 27” iMac, so no T2 chip. Aside from screenshots, is there anything I can get you to help?

• @David Lewis

Sorry, I'm still having a bit of trouble reproducing this. Here are the steps I took. Do you see anything I missed?

1. Turn off Touch ID, and Apple Watch unlock to match your setup.
    2. Completely quit 1Password to start from a good state.
    3. Open 1Password to get the mini running, but I didn't unlock it.
    4. Open Safari and navigate to a login page.
    5. Click in the field to bring up the unlock dialogue.
    6. Click the button to unlock 1Password.
    7. The mini prompts me to unlock with the Master Password.
    8. Enter an incorrect Master Password. 1Password notifies me it is wrong.
    9. Type the correct Master Password. 1Password unlock, and the browser now shows the inline menu.

I tried my testing with 11.2.2. Are you using something different?

• David Lewis
    David Lewis
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

The problem seems to be gone with 7.7.1.BETA-10.

Best,
    David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That is great to hear @David Lewis, thank you for the update! Let us know if you encounter this again :+1:

This discussion has been closed.