Restore 1P backups without overwriting some older versions

MHMertens
MHMertens
Community Member

We use 1P v7.7 standalone with a local vault. On local WiFi synced with an iPhone. Approx 1100 items in the vault.
We're doing a full Mac restore after an SSD fault.
We use 2-tiered backups, monthly full backup plus daily "changes only". Last full backup on 23 Jan, last "changes only"- backup 17 Feb
SSD accident on 18 Feb, last 1P backup file retrieved from "changes only"-backup is dated 14 Feb (why not 17 Feb?)
As we needed to bring this Mac quickly back, 1P was used from 22 Feb onwards, based on the full restore dated 23 Jan.
We now have our 1P vault up to 23 Jan plus changes that happened between 22 Feb and today 4 March.

When I now restore the 1P backup file dated 14 Feb, how can I avoid that changes to items and any new items in 1P between 22 Feb and today 4 March get overwritten by older data?

Many thanks

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021

Hi @MHMertens!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you could consider exporting this new data to a file, restoring from backup, and importing the new data again. You can then remove the exported file for security reasons.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EIQ-15626-487

This discussion has been closed.