To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sharing vault between 2 personal accounts

Options
PaulRussam
PaulRussam
Community Member

I have 1P personal and I'm trying to convince a friend to get it. I have and do support him technically and as such, I have a load of his pw's/software licenses etc in a separate vault.
I'd like to be able to potentially share this vault with him but it seems that I cant share with a personal 1P acc, is this true?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PaulRussam
    PaulRussam
    Community Member
    Options

Hello?, anyone got an answer for this?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@PaulRussam Yes, you need a Families or Teams subscription to share vaults. Do you already have a 1Password subscription? If so, you could convert it to a Families subscription and invite your friend to join as a family member. It will cost a couple of dollars extra per month, but would still be cheaper than two personal subscriptions.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PaulRussam! Welcome to the forum!

As missingbits wrote, you both need to be part of the same account if you want to share vaults with each other. You can either add your friend as an additional family member in the account, or you could also invite them as guests, in case you need to share only a single vault:

Share with guests in 1Password Families

• PaulRussam
    PaulRussam
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply’s, that’s disappointing though what I expected.
    I have the std subscription and I’m reluctant to upgrade (and pay more) for what would be essentially a long distance hand holding exercise.
    I’ll have another look.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @PaulRussam, let us know if there is anything we can do to help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.