Autofill Not Working

AndyB01
AndyB01
Community Member

From the android app, the autofill for Vanguard Finance is resulting in a persistent login failure error. This works fine from a browser and the credentials are correct and work if you paste them in manually.

Any idea what is causing this apparent corruption to the credentials in this case?

Andy

Comments

• Hey @AndyB01, welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like you're launching the Vanguard Finance website by tapping on the website URL in the item. This will launch 1Browser, our built-in browser, which seems to be where the error is coming from.

Instead, long press on the website URL, tap Open..., and select a preferred browser.

Let me know how that goes :)

• AndyB01
    AndyB01
    Community Member

Thank you for responding, that is exactly what I am doing and it has always worked perfectly in the past. If I do the long press as suggested, it opens a separate browser but then the autofill does not work and I have to paste the creds in manually.

I can live with that, as you suggest it must be an issue with the inbuilt 1browser.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Andy

• Hey @AndyB01, instead of going to the 1Password app, launching the site in 1Browser, and filling your credentials that way, we recommend that you go directly to the site in your preferred browser and tap the Autofill prompt :)

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• AndyB01
    AndyB01
    Community Member

Yes, I already do that. It's just odd that this used to work perfectly well in 1browser from the app until very recently and now suddenly it doesn't.

Sounds like a bug that should be investigated and fixed to me, not classed as a 'feature' that we users have to tolerate and work around.

I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Andy

• ag_audrey
    edited March 2021

Hey @AndyB01, I apologize if I made it seem like we're not fixing this bug. Our development team is already aware of the bugs that exist in 1Browser and are investigating them. In the meantime, please use your preferred browser.

We appreciate the time you took to report this bug :)

• AndyB01
    AndyB01
    Community Member

Thanks for clarifying, good to know. :-)

• You're very welcome, @AndyB01. Please do not hesitate to reach back out if you have any other questions :)

• AndyB01
    AndyB01
    Community Member

Wow - how old is this post and still no fix.

"Hey @AndyB01, I apologize if I made it seem like we're not fixing this bug. Our development team is already aware of the bugs that exist in 1Browser and are investigating them."

Certainly doesn't feel like it.

• Hey @AndyB01, we're sorry if it seems that way. We are definitely always looking to fix and improve our app. Please keep an eye out in our release notes for future fixes: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPA4

• marekrynarzewski
    marekrynarzewski
    Community Member

Hi, Can you check autofilling in application** Starbucks CEE** https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starbucks.cee&hl=pl where there is filled only "email or nickname" but not password field?

• Hello @marekrynarzewski thanks for joining the conversation.

I did some testing with the Starbucks CEE app. I was consistently able to fill both the email and password fields. I'd like to ask you to unlock 1Password and navigate to Settings > Autofill. You can turn Autofill, Accessibility and Autofill previews on. If those settings are already on you can turn them off and then on again.

• AndyB01
    AndyB01
    Community Member

Now coming up to a year old and still no fix? Really? One wonders how hard it can be to fix a simple login corruption.

Not impressed.

• Hello @AndyB01 thanks for following up with us. While we definitely want to address any and all issues, we're focused on improving Autofill in the most commonly used browser as well as a lot of other exciting features for the future.

I tested the Vanguard login page on Chrome, Firefox and Edge. On each I could fill as expected. Which browser do you use on your device? There are also a few different Vanguard login pages, to make sure I'm looking at the right one could you share the url? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.