Removing Duplicates in Windows

I've been searching about a way to remove duplicate entries in the same vault in Windows. Evidently, you have this function in Mac but not Windows. I saw comments several years back that you were going to bring it to Windows yet you still haven't. I just moved from LastPass (like many people, I'm sure) and it's quite disconcerting that 1) you don't have this very basic functionality, and 2) that you've been promising to develop it for years but haven't done so. Doesn't instill much confidence!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@EvaninAZ I'm using the Windows app version 7.6.793 and it highlights reused passwords under the Watchtower section. Could this be used to help find the duplicates?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EvaninAZ!

If you are referring to actual item duplication (not just reused passwords), you are correct that the feature is currently only available in 1Password for Mac. I have however sent your feedback to the developers letting them know that you would like to see this in the Windows app too :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#422

• EvaninAZ
    EvaninAZ
    Community Member

Yes, I'm referring to actual item duplication (which I think would happen often as people move off of other platforms and export/upload into 1password). You guys have been talking about this for at least a few years from what I can tell. It's pretty basic functionality that I hope is added soon.

Thx

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @EvaninAZ, thank you for the confirmation :+1:

This discussion has been closed.