Apple Watch Unlocking works for a few days only

Sorrel
Sorrel
Community Member

I've set up watch unlocking a few times on the latest 1Password. It works fine for a day or two, then stops working - while still having the tick that says it is working in the preferences.

I can then reset it by unsetting it and setting it again (entering my password twice). Then it works for a day or two. Then it stops working.

Anything I can do to improve this; it seems a bit pointless at this rate. Maybe I'm not setting something outside of 1Password?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password subscription

Comments

• Sorrel
    Sorrel
    Community Member

And yes - I set the "require master password" setting to a fortnight.

• @Sorrel

We have a working fix in the beta if you would like to give it a try. Today we released our second release candidate. If you would prefer to wait, I hope it will not be much longer until the next release drops, or if you prefer to give the beta a try, please use this set of instructions.

Use 1Password beta releases

• Sorrel
    Sorrel
    Community Member

Ok thanks - I'll give that a go for a while (then go back to non-Beta).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @Sorrel, let us know how it goes :+1:

• am212
    am212
    Community Member

I'm glad there's a fix in the works for this - thank you!

• You're welcome. :chuffed:

• Sorrel
    Sorrel
    Community Member

Hmmm, now I'm on 7.8 I've have no idea how to set the watch up again.

There is now a "Set Up Apple Watch" button in the 1P preferences, but this takes me to System Preferences, where everything is already set up to use the watch to unlock apps - but nothing works for 1Password at all.

What am I supposed to do to get it to work? I must be missing something...

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@Sorrel

Make sure the watch is on your wrist and unlocked. Then click the "Set Up Apple Watch" button again. If you're not prompted to enter your Master Password, try turning off the Apple Watch in System Preferences, wait a few seconds and then enable the feature. Return to 1Password and again click the "Set Up Apple Watch" button.

This discussion has been closed.